If you are looking for ways to decorate your home for fall, here are some beautiful fall decor ideas to inspire you. Decorating for the seasons makes a home feel more inviting. And what makes the fall season so special is the changing colors of the outdoors, which are colors you can bring into your home decor.
For my home, I like putting together a fall entryway vignette, using various decor items that fit the season like pumpkins, gourds, candles, and colorful leaves.
A vignette is simply an arrangement of decor items that can be displayed on a table, bookcase, or on open shelving. So, keep in mind that you can add a vignette arrangement, just about anywhere you have space, and want to create a unique fall look.
Fall Decorating Ideas
I love decorating for fall and making our home warm and cozy, to kick off the cooler season. So, I’m sharing some of my favorite fall accessories that I have in my home, as well as sharing ideas of ways to decorate your own home for fall.
For instance, I love the dried floral arrangements (2) for the bedroom and the velour-look ottoman (6) for both style and comfort. You can even warm up the look of your bathroom for fall with some Apothecary amber glass accessories (15) for your vanity.
Just by adding textures and layers like rugs, pillows, and blankets, you can create a comfortable fall look for your home that will make you want to just curl up with a good book and some hot apple cider.
Shop my favorite fall decor accessories
- Rose Persian Vintage Area Rug
- Dried Floral Round Bed Decor
- Artificial Pumpkins Mini Pumpkins Decorative Grapevine Pumpkins
- Orange Awakening’ Gallery-wrapped Canvas Wall Art
- Autumn Greetings Lumbar Pillow
- Safavieh Mercer Collection Angeline Ottoman
- Green And Pink Fall Field Napkins Set
- Rustic Wooden Candle Hurricane Lantern
- Natural Tone Bowl Fillers
- Pumpkin Spice and Mulled Cider Fall Scented Candles
- Bohemian Macrame Wall Hanging with Shelf
- Himalayan Faux-Fur Throw, 45×60
- Ledge Pumpkin Arrangement
- Fall Wreath with colorful Leaves and Berries
- Apothecary Amber Glass Bath Accessories
- Solar Outdoor Hanging Lanterns
What accessories to use in your fall home decor
Over the years, I’ve collected a few favorite fall decor items that I like to decorate with. And if I see something I like when out shopping, I will buy it and add it to my collection. Here are some ideas for creating beautiful fall decor in your home.
- Candles and candlesticks
- Real and artificial pumpkins and gourds
- Bowl filler orbs
- Fall wreaths
- Small lamps
- Vases, fruit bowls, and decanters
- Dried flowers and leaves
- Books, coasters, trays, small framed photos, and faux plants
Shop My Fall Decor Style
How to arrange a fall decor vignette
Arranging a fall vignette follows the same rules as putting together any vignette decor in your home. You want items that coordinate together in terms of color and design. They also need to go with the decor and colors of the room. Here are more fall vignette ideas.
- Use decor items with various heights like a tall candle holder and a short decanter.
- Arrange your vignette decor in various rows and not lined up evenly.
- Layer and stack up items like books, coasters, trays, or bowl filler orbs.
A simple bowl of apples along with a pitcher filled with mini pumpkins and flowers makes a nice display without much effort.
A decorative tray filled with miniature pumpkins, gourds, a candle, and a mini cactus doesn’t take much time to pull together but creates a nice fall vignette.