If you’re looking for a great Chili’s Copycat Southwestern Egg Rolls Recipe, I have a quick and delicious one for you to try. What makes this recipe easy is that it uses pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, so you don’t have to separately cook the chicken. That’s a time saver.
What makes these Copycat Southwestern Egg Rolls delicious is the perfect balance of peppers, onions, spinach, corn, black beans, seasonings, and Monterey Jack cheese.
And I only use Nasoya brand egg roll wraps because they only have natural ingredients and they cook up light and crispy.
- 8 ounces Rotisserie Chicken Breast, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Other seasonings: Salt, pepper, onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 – Nasoya brand egg roll wraps
- 1 Cup (approx.) Vegetable oil for frying
- On medium-low heat in a frying pan, add chopped red bell pepper, onion, and olive oil, then cook a for few minutes until tender.
- Add in chopped chicken, taco seasoning, and a few dashes of salt, pepper and onion powder, then stir.
- Add in the spinach, corn, black beans and continue heating on medium-low heat until all ingredients are warm.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Lay out each egg roll wrapper on a diagonal. Then layer each one with the warm filling.
- Sprinkle each one with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Tightly roll up each egg roll on the diagonal and moisten the edge of the wrapper with a dab of vegetable oil to seal it.
- As you roll up the egg rolls, place them seam down on a plate.
- In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil to medium heat.
- With seam facing down, place two egg rolls at a time into the pan and brown one side. Then turn it over and bron the other side.
- Place cooked egg rolls on a paper towel to drain off oil.
- Cut each egg roll diagonally and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to Store and Reheat Copycat Southwestern Egg Rolls
Fried egg rolls are kept best wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator, where they will stay fresh for about 3 days. If you have extra copycat Southwestern egg rolls that are already cooked, don’t cut them. Instead, keep them whole and reheat them on a metal baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
You might also enjoy:
Please note that this blog post has affiliate links in it, as Comfy Abode is a participant in various affiliate programs. This means that if you click on a link to a third-party website that I have an active affiliate agreement with, and if you happen to make a purchase, I will be compensated a commission.