I learned how to make this cinnamon crescent butter cookies recipe from my mom, a long time ago. What I didn’t realize is that this is a basic butter cookie dough from Land O Lakes until I bought the Land O Lakes cookie cookbook.
These butter cookies are soft and tender and have a yummy cinnamon taste, almost like a Snickerdoodle cookie, except the sugar goes on after the cookie is baked.
No matter who I share these with, they seem to love them, yet these little cinnamon cookies couldn’t be any easier to make.
How to Make Cinnamon Crescent Butter Cookies
To make this cinnamon crescent butter cookies recipe, I start by preheating my oven to 365 degrees and gathering up my ingredients. I measure out the butter, sugar, egg, orange juice, and vanilla extract, prior to mixing. I also measure the flour and baking powder. Once I’ve measured my ingredients, it’s time to start mixing.
For these cookies, I like to use my KitchenAid stand mixer, but the dough can easily be mixed in a large bowl with electric beaters.
In a large mixing bowl, I combine butter, sugar, egg, orange juice, and vanilla and beat it until it’s combined and smooth.
Next, I chill the dough for about a half-hour in your refrigerator. While the dough chills, I mix up a bowl of sugar and cinnamon.
Once the dough has been chilled I roll out 1-1/2 inch logs, curve each log slightly to make a crescent shape, and place them onto the cookie sheet.
I bake the cookies for 10 to 14 minutes until the bottoms are slightly browned. Once they are done, I wait about 1 minute before removing cookies from the baking sheet, then gently roll each one in the sugar mixture, and place them onto a tray.
This cinnamon crescent butter cookies recipe is an easy and delicious cookie to serve any time!
Cinnamon Crescent Butter Cookies Recipe
This Cinnamon Crescent Butter Cookies Recipe is a butter cookie shaped into a crescent, baked, and then rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10-14 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 – cups granulated sugar
- 1–1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, egg, orange juice, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed, scraping until the mixture is smooth.
3. Continue beating, and slowly add in flour and baking powder, until the dough is well mixed.
4. Chill the dough for about a half-hour in your refrigerator.
5. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set it aside.
5. Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll out 1-1/2 inch logs. Curve each log slightly and place them onto the cookie sheet.
6. Bake cookies between 10 to 14 minutes each, depending on your oven until the bottoms are slightly browned.
7. Wait about 1 minute before removing cookies from the baking sheet, then gently roll each one in the sugar mixture, and place onto a tray.
Keywords: Cinnamon Crescent Butter Cookies
As I roll the baked cookies in the sugar mixture, I place them in a foil pan to cool. I have also froze these cookies in the foils tray, by adding a lid, and they keep well for up to 4 weeks.