With our busy lives, sometimes we need quick cleaning tips for every room in the house. And if you rather spend your free time doing something enjoyable, here are some easy ways to clean your home quickly.
Housework should get done every week, otherwise, we end up with clutter and a mess that will take several weeks of Sundays to clean up. So, to keep it from becoming too overwhelming, it helps to break down house cleaning into 15-minute tasks.
By tackling house cleaning a little bit at a time, it frees up weekends and evenings to enjoy other things like recreation and relaxation. One thing I’ve learned a long time ago is that time is very valuable, especially when you have a family and/or a full-time job.
Whether you work in the home or outside of it, no one wants to say that they spend their free time washing the floors or folding laundry. That’s why today I’m sharing these quick house cleaning tips that save time and help you to keep your home in order on a regular basis.
Quick House Cleaning Tips for the Kitchen
- Clean out any stale food from the refrigerator.
- Clean all dirty dishes in the sink or put them into the dishwasher.
- Use kitchen cleaner and a sponge to clean the inside of the sink.
- Run a damp cloth over countertops and kitchen table.
- Spray and wipe down appliances with a kitchen cleaner and soft cloth.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
- Empty the kitchen trash can into your outdoor trash bin.
Quick Cleaning in the Bedroom
- Make the bed.
- Stack and organize any clutter on dressers or put it away.
- Put dirty clothing into the laundry hamper.
- Make sure any clean clothing is hung in the closet or folded in drawers
- Open windows to air the room out.
- Take any dirty glasses or dishes to the kitchen and wash them.
How to Quickly Clean Bathroom(s)
- Remove dirty towels and handcloths.
- Put away extra toiletries like makeup and shampoo.
- Spray down the tub and shower walls with bathroom cleaner.
- Spray sink and vanity counter with bathroom cleaner.
- Use a toilet brush to clean the inside of the toilet.
- Wipe down the tub and shower walls and rinse with water.
- Wipe bathroom cleaner from sink and vanity counter with a dry cloth.
- Sweep the floor.
- Empty the wastebasket.
- Hang up clean towels.
- Bring in some extra toilet paper.
Quick House Cleaning Tips for the Living Room or Family Room
- Wipe down remotes and TV screens.
- Dust off coffee tables and furniture.
- Fluff couch pillows to remove dust.
- Take any jackets that are laying around and hang them in your main coat closet.
- Remove any clutter and put it into a laundry basket to return it to where it belongs.
- Vacuum or sweep the floor.
- Sort through all your mail and discard what you don’t need.
Favorite Cleaning Products for Quick House Cleaning
- Clorox Bleach Foamer and Tilex Spray Cleaner to quickly clean the tub and shower
- Clorox Wipes for cleaning up counters, inside refrigerators or spills on the floor
- Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner to keep area rugs clean
- Micro Fiber Cloths to clean just about any surface
- Weinman Stainless Steel Cleaner for all stainless kitchen appliances
- Quick Shine Floor Cleaner works as good on hardwood as the expensive floor cleaners
- Collapsible Dish Tub Basin when you have lots of dishes to wash and want an extra basin that stores easily.